- AACPDM - American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine.
- The Cerebral Palsy Program at Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital in Grand Rapids, Michigan promotes functional independence in mobility, self-care, and communication with the help of physical, occupational, and speech therapies.
- University of Michigan Comprehensive Care for CP
EarlyOn Michigan , is a supplemental source of information for parents, professionals and providers who desire to order publications, make a referral, locate their local Early On Coordinator, find out more about early childhood, parenting concerns, special needs, disabilities and how to help/identify children who are at-risk.
The Arc. Orgnization for people with developmental disabilities and their families.:
MI Child Application. Application for Michigan children's health insurance for working families, $5.00 premiums per month for those who qualify. If you need help with this application, call toll-free 1-888/988-6300
The Families and Advocates Partnership for Education (FAPE) project is a strong partnership that aims to improve the educational outcomes for children with disabilities. It links families, advocates, and self-advocates and provides information on the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA
Children's Special Healthcare Services. State program administered through county health departments that may help with equipment and services to help you care for your child at home.
Arbor Circle has a full range of mental health, substance abuse and developmentally supportive services:
Are you looking for a dentist who is comfortable and knowledgeable about caring for patients with cerebral palsy?
- University of Michigan’s School of Dentistry trains students to work with individuals who may require specific dental needs or procedures. Contact the dentistry school at (734) 763-6933.
- University of Michigan Hospital Dentistry Clinic: Individuals with more complex needs may receive services here. They provide oral care for patients with a wide variety of maxillofacial and systemic conditions. Contact the Hospital Dentistry Clinic toll-free at 1-866-965-8667 (option 2).
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- United Cerebral Palsy Michigan Oral Health Program Directory
- Special Care Dentistry Association
- Glen Ellyn Pediatric Dentistry
Information provided by: Dr. John Eulenberg, Ph.D., Director of the Artificial Language Laboratory, Michigan State University Dr. Rachel Williams, DDS, Glen Ellyn Pediatric Dentistry, PC
Therapy and Intervention Services
- Conductive Learning Center of Grand Rapids: Conductive education is an intensive, multi-disciplinary classroom-style therapy for individuals with cerebral palsy and other motor challenges. The CLC offers programs for children from infancy to adolescence.
- Euro-Peds National Center for Intensive Pediatric PT, Pontiac, MI: Euro-Peds is a pediatric physical therapy center for patients with gross motor disorders including cerebral palsy.
- American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine.
Respite Care Centers in Mid-Michigan
What is respite care, and how can it help your family? Access information on this service to families experiencing CP and learn about newly enacted legislation to aid family caregivers. There is also a list of respite care providers in the mid-Michigan area.
The Lansing Area Parents’ (LAP) Respite Center publishes the Michigan Respite Resource Guide. This guide lists organizations that provide respite in each county.
You can contact UCP Michigan at (800) 828-2714 or LAP at (517) 372-6671 for places in your area.
Community Respite Center, Inc.
1100 Clinton St.
P.O. Box 507
Jackson MI 49204-0507
Phone: (517) 788-7533
Fax: (517) 788-8116
409 Linden Ave.
Jackson MI 49203
Phone: (517) 782-6054
Fax: (517) 782-3118
Guardian Angel Services
Phone: (517) 753-0824
Interfaith Respite Network
225 W. 30th St.
Holland, Michigan 49423
Phone: (616) 394-5154
Lansing Area Parents’ Respite Center
Phone: (517) 372-6671
Livingston County Community Mental Health
2280 E. Grand River
Phone: (517) 546-4126
Fax: (517) 546-1300
Respite Rescue of Genesee County
1102 Mackin Rd.
Flint, Michigan 48504
Phone: (810) 257-3676